Almost one year ago, I went to San Francisco, California for vacation!

Hello my cupcakes! This month last year, I went to SF, a famous city in California known for the Golden Gate Bridge and the laid back atmosphere. My first thought after landing in SF, was that boy, it was windy! Based on the popular TV show Full House, I expected the weather to be warm, but hey I was gullible! We went to a park in Great Meadow where I could see the prominent Golden Gate bridge from afar. I saw Alcatraz Island across the bay. I learned that some prisoners would escape the security and swim across the cold water to the shore. I also saw some boats and some people biking. There was a couple of kids splashing in the water with their parents smiling. The vibes felt relaxing and the people were friendly. I noticed some palm trees and it was lovely to see them because there were no palm trees where I reside back home. The bay was teal blue and my hair was fluttering in the wind. Then I entered the Fisherman's Wharf. Unfortunately, I did not see any seals on this trip. It has a boardwalk with some souvenir stores and I noticed In n Out restaurant that I always wanted to try. There were no In n Out restaurants in the East Coast (correct me if I'm wrong). When I went in, it was filled with a lot of customers waiting in line for their orders. I ordered a hamburger, french fries, and a Coca Cola. It was my first lunch in CA and my first impression of the hamburger was that it was greasy and heavy. Still, I can finally cross that off my bucket list. Then I walked around and entered North Beach. I took some pictures of the Victorian style townhouses and churches. I saw some restaurants with cute names like "IThai" or "The Stinking Rose." Yes, those names are actual names of the restaurants! I noticed that the housing in SF must be expensive and it turned out I was right, but still, I noticed that SF is different from New York. Next, I went to an organic restaurant called, "Spinnerie." The food and the decor were aesthetic. I will post the address of Spinnerie if y'all want to check it out. I also went to visit Chinatown, the biggest Chinatown in the U.S. I saw lovely red Chinese paper lanterns hanging on strings and mini Terracotta warriors standing on the ceilings of a building. I stood next to a guardian lion statute at the gate of Chinatown. It was interesting to see history here when the Chinese immigrants came here long ago. The next day, I went to the Japanese Tea House located in Golden Gate Park near the bay and University of San Francisco. Here is a warning: you will have to pay a fee to go in to see the Japanese Tea House and the gift shop. There is a small Japanese restaurant above a serene pond. I stood on the Moon bridge in the Japanese garden and it was high. Later that day, I went for a drive across the Golden Gate Bridge and I noticed that it was actually red, not gold. Still, it was a lovely sight to see especially when I went on the top of a hill and took a few pictures in front of the Golden Gate Bridge. Be sure to bring your sunglasses, tennis shoes, and a hat. Lastly, I visited Union Square. It is a sort of like Times Square, but it is not. There is a three floors Macy's and an ice cream shop in the bottom level. I was surrounded by tall buildings and I saw some high fashion brands like Prada and Saks Fifth Avenue. I also saw a Victoria's Secret store, but I did not need to go shopping. I did brought some souvenirs in Chinatown, but the cup and the sweatshirt were not good quality. Try to buy souvenirs with good quality so they can last for a long time after you leave SF. That night, I went down the famous Lombard Street and it was a curvy street to experience in a car, especially when I went down that steep hill! Overall, I was glad to take up the opportunity to visit SF and experience the life of a Californian. Let me know your experiences of your time in SF (negative or positive). On a side note, I left San Francisco to visit the Muir Woods National Monument, located in Mill Valley, CA. The Redwood trees are really tall. WARNING: you will have to pay a fee to go in. You can go there to enjoy the quiet and peaceful nature with family or friends. *ALL PHOTOS ARE TAKEN FROM MY IPHONE 6. Picture credit to me*

PLACES I WENT TO:


















Places to visit in San Francisco, CA:
  • Japanese Tea Garden Golden Gate Park, 75 Hagiwara Tea Garden Dr, San Francisco, CA 94102
  • In N Out restaurant Anchorage Square, 333 Jefferson St, San Francisco, CA 94133
  • Spinnerie 1401 Polk St, San Francisco, CA 94164
  • Lombard Street Lombard St, San Francisco, CA 94133 
  • Muir Woods U.S. National Park 1 Muir Woods Rd, Mill Valley, CA 94941

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Father's Day!

Are we dreaming or are we awake?

My thoughts after reading Beyond the Narrow Gate by Leslie T. Chang