I ate fried tea leaves?!

When I was on vacation in Taiwan, I went to a tea house/restaurant in Miaoli County, Taiwan (about 1 hour from Taipei by car). I never thought that I would ever eat tea leaves in my life, but I actually did! The plate comes with what I think is matcha powder. It tasted slightly bitter, but interesting! 

This is perfect for those adventurers who want to try this and for vegans. The waitress gave us cups of tea which of course tasted just right. The tea helps you digest the food.

Taken from my Snapchat album

I also ordered waffles with matcha ice cream and strawberry ice cream that come with apple slices and kiwi slices. On the plate is strawberry jam. I loved it and I think the matcha ice cream is the best matcha ice cream I have tasted in my life. If you go to Taiwan, definitely try the waffles!

Picture taken from Mei Mackleer's iPhone 6

Last, but not least, you can't leave the restaurant without desserts! There were a lot of options to choose from for dessert. I unfortunately do not know the names of these desserts since my aunt and uncle chose these desserts from the menu for me to try. The bowl is sort of like jell-o except it is not too sweet. It tastes like honey; that's the only description I can think of in my head. 

This is perfect for those who do not want too much sugar. The pie on the white plate is chocolate flavored with some nuts on top and small whip cream. It tasted good and again, does not taste like American style pie. It has a different, light flavor. I hope y'all will have the opportunity to visit this tea house/restaurant!

Photo credit to Mei Mackleer

I noticed while I was sitting that there was a gift shop with tea cups, tea packages, and many more. You can go there to buy souvenirs for your family and friends.

Address: Cha for Tea Jhunan Store, No.422, Zhonghua Rd., Zhunan Township, Miaoli County 350, Taiwan 

If you get lost, look for the orange roof. Here is the website where it shows the pictures of outside of the teahouse: http://www.chafortea.com.tw/Content/Messagess/contents.aspx?&SiteID=11&MmmID=655401657076301321&MSID=707060305264407272 

Have you ever eat a meal that you thought was unusual in a different country? If so, did you like it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Father's Day!

Are we dreaming or are we awake?

My thoughts after reading Beyond the Narrow Gate by Leslie T. Chang