MY SUMMER VACATION IN TAIWAN AUGUST 2017 / 我的暑假在臺灣🇹🇼 2017年8月!PART 2/ PARTE 2

7.) Taiwan is known for its natural beauty such as foggy mountains in the distance despite that you are in the city and vast green rice fields which can be seen if you go to the countryside. If you go hiking, you will smell the sulfur coming from the volcanoes and see a gorgeous sunrise if you are on the top of the mountain.

Here is a rice field in Miaoli County, Taiwan

8.) Then I went on an electric four persons surrey bike ride with my family to see the scenery. You have to rent it at a local bike store. Basic Chinese phrases are necessary to communicate with the owner. There are two Rainbow Bridges that I went under while sitting in the surrey bike; I regretted that I did not get a chance to take a picture with the Rainbow Bridge in the background. 

However, I did get a chance to pose next to the word "Love" with the beach in the background. It was a relaxing day. This is a beach located in Hsinchu City, North District, Taiwan. It is a long sidewalk where you can stop to go to the restroom or hear the jets fly over your head(Hsinchu Air Base is nearby). 
Photo credit to Mei Mackleer
9.)I went to a massive mall where it sells skin care products, clothing, shoes, food, and many more. It will probably take you almost the whole day to see and buy there. The mall called Q Square is located in Datong District, Taipei City, Taiwan. You can take the metro to there since the mall is connected to the metro station. Q Square has 4 floors. I ate great food at a buffet restaurant there at Q Square and I highly recommend you eat there although I must warn you it is expensive. 

It offers plenty of food choices and is the only one of many restaurants I went to in Taiwan that offers syrup for waffles. Not too many restaurants in Taiwan has syrup so I was pleased for that. Most restaurants in Taipei serve chocolate sauce or berry jam to pour on waffles. The buffet offers duck meat, sushi, many desserts,sweet potato covered in hot caramel (it's not heavy caramel),soda cans, fresh juice,ice cream, and many more. 

The restaurant is called, 饗食天堂(Eatogether) and the address is 承德路一段1號 4樓 (4th Floor) Datong District, 台北市(Taipei City) 103 Taipei Rear Station Shopping District, Datong, Taiwan.

Tiramisu cake with a shot of coffee. These desserts are not too overwhelming sweet which is good for me! This picture is taken at Eatogether restaurant(饗食天堂). Photo credit to Mei Mackleer
Indoor plants growing on the ceiling!Photo credit to Mei Mackleer

The iconic Taiwan 101 with its fast elevator that brings you to the top floor to see the whole city!

My view out of the airplane window
I hope you enjoyed reading this travel article! Have you been to Taiwan? If so, did you visit the south of Taiwan or other cities in Taiwan? Let me know your experiences in Taiwan. Have you been to other countries in Asia? 
Let me know your recommendations down below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Father's Day!

Are we dreaming or are we awake?

My thoughts after reading Beyond the Narrow Gate by Leslie T. Chang