my birthday tea party!

Hello cupcakes! Thank you for following my blog these past few months! A while back, I had my adorable birthday tea party at a small tearoom called Lady Camellia. The outside wall was painted a pastel mint color and the tea set is lovely with floral print. Lady Camellia is located in somewhat wealthy Georgetown, Washington D.C. Georgetown has plenty of stores and restaurants and it is common to see college students walking around from nearby Georgetown University (hard to get in). I ordered Jasmine green tea which is one of my favorite teas. It tasted light and pleasing. I do not like tea that still has lot of leaves floating around in it. I absolutely loved the strawberry tart and especially the white chocolate scone! The white chocolate scone was fresh and warm out of the oven and it did not have too much white chocolate. That was perfect for me since I am not a big fan of white chocolate. When I first ate it, I fell in love instantly! I wish the server could allow us to have more scones! I usually do not eat scones, but my goodness I would eat that almost everyday! Perhaps I can go to Great Britain and learn more about the process of baking scones as well as various flavors of scones eh? Next, I enjoyed the rose and raspberry macarons. They did not taste old and not too sweet for me! I am obsessed with macarons so I cannot skip out on macarons. :) But I did not like the apple sandwich with cream cheese I think? I have a sweet tooth so I reluctantly finished eating the finger sandwich.


One thing to keep in mind is that if you want to come to Lady Camellia, you will need to call at least 3 weeks in advance to get a reservation for a table because this place is very popular. And you will have to pay a fee to obtain a table there. The servers are nice and be sure to take lot of pictures there! My only complaint is the noise level. I could hear many girls chatting behind me when I was drinking my tea. I hope the owner will open a new Lady Camellia with a bigger room size soon perhaps in the DMV?! The menu has tea imported from other countries like India. Overall, I recommend this tearoom for meetings with old friends, bridal showers, or birthday celebrations! Of course, you are more than welcome to practice speaking with a British accent here at Lady Camellia!
Address: 3261 Prospect St NW, Washington, DC 20007 (Georgetown)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Father's Day!

Are we dreaming or are we awake?

My thoughts after reading Beyond the Narrow Gate by Leslie T. Chang