La Madeleine Review

I had my breakfast at La Madeleine, a French restaurant founded by a French American immigrant who was longing for authentic and fresh food from his childhood in France. You can read more about this on the poster wall with a picture of him in the restaurant.
I enjoyed the fruit tarts, but I was hungry for more. I ordered (and highly recommended) the Country French Breakfast: two sunny side up eggs, bacon, a Potato Galette, and a warm buttery croissant. I loved the breakfast especially when I covered the potato galette with runny yolk! I usually dip my cinnamon raisin bread brought at Costco with orange yolk, but this tasted delicious. Even thinking about it got me wanting to go there again! I did not have to wait too long for the servers to bring my plate to my table so the service was satisfactory. Here is the picture below:

Even though this plate has simple ingredients, I was pleased after eating the meal. :) Go there and order it for yourself! What are some of your favorite restaurants/cafes to eat breakfast or brunch? (Beside IHOP)
Let me know any name of meals you love at these particular restaurants so I can order next time!

Comments

  1. Gaithersburg: Barking Mad Cafe is my go-to. I heard Ted Bulletin at the Crown is closing...so sad. Founding Farmers is decent.

    DC: I usually go to DC for dinner. Minibar is my personal favorite because a friend works there lol. Open City for Breakfast/Brunch. I like the atmosphere for some reason. Definitely suggest a Michelin tour whenever you can :)

    Baltimore: Miss Shirley's!!! I still go here since my school is near Baltimore.

    Chicago: Try out Wildberry pancakes & cafe...omg

    New York: Too many restaurants but Sarabeth's is decent for brunch. NOMO Kitchen is good too :) Maysville was decent.

    Have you tried Spanish cuisine? Try La Tasca at Rockville Town Square for various Tapas. They also do brunch.

    That's it from the top of my head. I haven't been to La Madeleine in ages! Which one did you go to? Some are better than others I assume.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Father's Day!

Are we dreaming or are we awake?

My thoughts after reading Beyond the Narrow Gate by Leslie T. Chang