What's happening in October!?

Hello everyone! Who's excited that it's Autumn season!? Can you believe that it's the first day of October?

With midterm exams coming up and the cold weather approaching, it seems like there is so much to do yet so little time. I am excited for October because I am a fan of horror movies and Halloween decor. 

Almost every year, we bake delicious sugar cookies with colorful print of a pumpkin or ghost on the cookies. I still haven't purchased the pumpkin spice candles so I must go to the mall ASAP! I created a Fall bucket list last week and I already accomplished some of the fun tasks. For instance, I purchased a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks with whipped cream. I must admit it tasted a bit too sweet for me. I like coffee with french vanilla or caramel. Still, it was fun to try it! I will share my Fall bucket list with y'all soon!

Photo credit to Mei Mackleer

If you want a romantic movie that takes place in October (hint: it's about two witches!), I recommend one of my favorite movies: Practical Magic starring Nicole Kidman and Sandra Bullock. It's available on Netflix. It's a tradition for me to watch it every year.

The Moon Festival aka Mid-Autumn Festival is on October 4th this year! Family and friends gather round and eat moon cakes. A moon cake is not too sweet and you can buy it in the local Chinese grocery store. It's a festival involving two popular legends about an immortal lady and a white bunny so be sure to read those stories on Google or Wikipedia so you can get a better understanding of why the Moon festival is celebrated!

I hope Netflix will upload Hocus Pocus this year! What is your favorite horror movie? What will you dress up this year? Last year I was a French maid for Halloween and went to Georgetown, Washington D.C. A lot of people dressed up in costumes in Georgetown!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Father's Day!

Are we dreaming or are we awake?

My thoughts after reading Beyond the Narrow Gate by Leslie T. Chang